"Do You Really Love Me??"

Sunday, September 19, 2010

What Is Love?

Earlier today while sitting idly at a Thai restaurant with friends and family waiting for our food to come to our table, my eyes happen to set upon an elderly couple. To some people, they may just be some random couple. But my eyes, glazed with unrequited love, saw something else.

The elderly couple was tenderly holding each others hands as the man, with the feeble steps of age, led the strikingly charming woman towards the glass doors of the restaurant. They smiled at each other when the man couldn't open the door and the waitress had to open it for them. Their eyes sparkle when they meet each other's gaze and the man softly puts his wife's small hand into both of his as they slowly walk hand in hand into the restaurant.

That, to me, is true love. Love tested by age, experiences, trials and tribulations. Love which, no matter how long they've been together, flames never die.

I tweeted about this, too. About how nothing makes my heart happier than seeing an old couple doing the smallest thing like holding hands but with a lot of love in their hearts that reflect in both their eyes.


I wish upon wish and I hope upon hope that someday, I find someone who will be with me for the rest of my life, through ups and downs, through smiles and frowns.  I want to find that special someone who will count every wrinkle and every gray hair with me and still would be able to tell me, "you're the most beautiful and special woman I've ever met".

Forgive me for being a sap, a hopeless romantic.... but right now, my eyes are glazed over with unrequited love because stupid cupid couldn't hit him with his arrow.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how to put in words my experience, I lived that kind of passionate and romantic love and was beautiful, but because I needed him, there was a lot of suffering too.
    Now that I learned to love myself first, there still is love, may be a bit cooler, but I'm happier.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again, if you enable your email in your blogger profile, people can answer to your comments by email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're feeling like this! Why would you spend so much time and energy on someone not smart enough to want you back??? I'd demand someone to love me equally, or not bother!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love~
Comments make me smile, thanks for making me smile~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails