"Do You Really Love Me??"

Monday, February 1, 2010

"Children of the Revolution"

Before I start writing this post, for those who follow me and read my posts, I think you would also enjoy this blog Check it out! She is one blogger who has the uncanny ability to share her insights with the world ^_^

Back to me... I've still been feeling down these days. Last night, I watched my favorite movie, "Moulin Rouge" (2001). It always reminds me that, in this world, we have to believe in beauty, freedom, truth and above all things, we must believe in love..

Earlier today, one of my adult students (a mom) asked me,

"when are you getting married?".

This is one question that has been haunting me since I came back to my home country. Frankly, I don't know what to say. At first, I thought it was funny and just walked away with a smile on my face. However, after almost 4 years of being single, I don't find any humor in it at all. It pains me, though i don't show it, every single time they ask me,

"how come you don't have a boyfriend?" or
"why aren't you married yet?".

It pains me, then it irritates the hell out of me. I usually respond with,
"If I knew the answer, I wouldn't be single right now"

Every time I feel down in the dumps, at the end of the day, I go up to my room, pop Moulin Rouge in my dvd player and watch it. I could literally say the lines and sing the songs with them. I know it has a tragic ending, but the love between Christian (Ewan McGregor) and Satine (Nicole Kidman) is beyond description. It's a love that goes deeper than the word itself. A love that goes beyond the limits of this world.

And that's what I believe in.

Call me a hopeless romantic (or just hopeless) but LOVE is the only thing I hold on to. Yes, it's one of the causes of my cycles of depression, but when I'm out of my funk, I remember that if I believe in LOVE, I can get through anything. No wonder it's my favorite movie of all time.

LOVE is out there for me.
LOVE is what keeps me alive.
LOVE is not just from a boyfriend or a husband,
LOVE comes from your friends, family and even pets
LOVE is everywhere you look.

There's this elderly couple I always see around the park who is always together. They are already in their wheelchairs and are being pushed by their nurses--a male nurse for the elderly gentleman and a female nurse for the elderly, yet beautiful, lady. They don't talk to each other or at least I don't see them do, they can't hold hands anymore, even. Nevertheless, the way they look at each other while their nurses wheel them slowly around the park and stop only to eat their packed snacks or watch kids play soccer, their eyes are written with LOVE all over.

I won't lie... I am still DREAMING that the perfect guy for me would come out of nowhere, sweep me off my feet and whisk me away to happiness.

Yes, I am a DREAMER... a hopeless romantic...

Happy month of love, everyone!! hope yours is filled with special love with your family, friends and of course your significant others!! ^_^

I hope I find mine soon because I'm not getting any younger!

As the "Children of the Revolution" in Moulin Rouge said, "Believe in beauty, freedom, truth and love"

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

    I love the story about the elderly couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Knight's Tale!!! There is a romantic movie!! Everyone needs a dream! Don't settle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love like you said does not necessarily have to come from a boyfriend! true that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw, you said "i hope you FIND love..." my take on that is, you dont have to find it... if its a guy? he has to find you! if its not necessarily a guy, then love... is just there. really..

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love~
Comments make me smile, thanks for making me smile~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails