"Do You Really Love Me??"

Monday, February 22, 2010

A Momentary Flashback

Recently, I had a flashback of memories from my university days. It made me wonder about the friends I've made, the people I've met and talked to, and the boys (of course) that captured my eyes and my heart. Where are they now?

I went to a university halfway around the globe from my country a few years back. I've met A LOT of interesting people, most of them became my friends while I was there. However, as the yearS passed by, and I went back to my part of the globe, I can't help but think about them, especially since I've lost touch with most of them.

True, there's facebook, and I've reconnected with my best friend who now lives a Pacific Ocean across me and even with my ex-boyfriend... the guy I dated... and the guy I had a crush on, but some of the wonderful people I met aren't even there! Here's a snippet of my momentary flashback:

- I had this professor who was about 32 years old when I was around 21. I admit, I had a HUGE crush on him and got all A's in his class. Funny thing was, I always asked him questions about the lesson even though I understood it completely. I even asked him if he wanted to watch a concert with me! haha! I was shot down, but that didn't stop me from admiring him and his greenish/grayish eyes, his trimmed and well-taken cared of goatie that he always played with and his tall, handsome physique! I wonder what he's doing these days?

- I met this guy in one of my english classes. He told me he was a Marine. We really hit it off and became friends. We studied together... well, not studied seriously... ok, we talked a lot in the library until we got scolded for it by the librarian. We took pictures together and he even helped me with a project of mine for a different class. He's a really good guy, cute, too! After one semester, I didn't see him around school anymore. Sad thing now is, I can't remember his name!! :( I still have our photo together (He's SO handsome!) ^_^. I want to reconnect with him, I just don't know how/where to begin. What with me being a forgetful person with names!

- There was this girl I met who was really kind to me on my first few weeks of my university days. She showed me around and always invited me to eat lunch with her, which i graciously accepted. We were great friends for one semester. I wonder how she is now? Again, I can't remember her name. :( What a friend I am!!

There's a lot more, but I won't bore you, my reader(s), with them. I just wanted to share these thoughts and memories with you because, I'm pretty sure you've met great people in your lives that you couldn't forget. Even if you were just with them for a short period of time, they made an impact that could last for years to come. We may forget their names, but their faces and the memories we shared with them will never fade away.

14 comments:

  1. names may be forgotten but its the memories with them that are worth keeping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrible at remembering names!

    I stopped by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same, wonder about past school or work friends and like you I can not remember half of their name anymore. Stopping by to welcome you to SITS, it is great to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so true. I'd love to know what happened to many people that I've encountered over the years.

    Stopping by from SITS to say "hi" and welcome. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous memories. I've reconnected with so many people through Facebook who I hadn't talked to since school... but I wouldn't know how to track down anyone who wasn't on there!

    Visiting from SITS to welcome you on board, great to have you with us & I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this post was a blast! I love to look back at my college days too; now that several years have gone by, all those memories have a nice "sheen" to them.

    Your comment about asking questions in class, even though you understood, reminded me of "Mean Girls". Have you seen that movie?

    Welcome to SITS! Let me know if you have any questions about how it works!

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Facebook irritates me, but is great for catching up with people I haven't seen in years.

    Welcome to SITS! I hope you enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ex-boyfriend reconnection on facebook! AWKWARD!!! Although, I guess that depends on how you left it, huh?? :)

    Stopping by to welcome you to SITS! We are so excited to have you join us and can't wait to get to know you better! Have a fantastic day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so bad with names as well, but how incredible relationships are and what lasting impressions they leave. Stopping by from SITS to welcome you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to be the worst at remembering people's names!! Seriously! It stinks! I too have thought about people from my past and what they might be up to now. I hope your Marine is safe and well, wherever he is.

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from SITS to say welcome to the fold!

    I too had a hottie professor in college. He was my Shakespeare prof. I went to two community plays that were HORRIBLE just to ogle him!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Facebook because it has reconnected me with all kinds of people! Its great! Otherwise, I'd be missing out on a lot of special people's lives.

    Stopping by to say welcome to SITS! Nice to meet you!

    Sarah Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think about these kinds of things all of the time... Yeah, facebook helps, but there are some random people who are kind of nameless that you just always saw here and there on campus...

    Stopping by from SITS! Welcome :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love~
Comments make me smile, thanks for making me smile~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails