"Do You Really Love Me??"

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So... Now What?

Officially, today was my second day at my new job. Yesterday, on my first day... I went in and much to my surprise, the bosses weren't there and my new co-workers didn't even know that I was going to come in on that day!

Well... they quickly gave me a tour of the office and introduced me to all the people (which I can't remember all their names! *shame*) and the IT guy set me up with an email account and set up my own PC cubicle station.

Then.. for the whole day on my first day, I did absolutely NOTHING! I surfed the web, pretending to read about our clients for 8 hours! Seriously, and this is no joke.. I could literally feel my brain turn into a rotting pile of soupy mush as I sat there staring blankly at the pc screen.. then out the window.. then back at the screen... then daydreaming... then finally counting down to "closing time".

SECOND DAY! which was today... in the morning, they made me edit client profiles. Took me about 30 minutes, but I decided to stretch it out to 3 hours (up until lunch time) why? I didn't want my brain to turn into slush again. At least I was doing something. ...After lunch, the boss came back.... with TONS of work for me to suddenly do! Edit this article... write about this.. summarize this... transcribe this...

OK! one at a time, please! I haven't finished anything today, so I just have to continue tomorrow... of course!

So... the first day, my brain turned into slush... and on the second day, it was forcedly put to work all of a sudden! But, don't get me wrong... i do think it's going to be a fun job.. (how i hope! ^_^)

Let's just see what happens next....

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you at least had a productive 2nd day. The first day is always kind of a bore I think. I hope it stays busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were just letting you get a feel for the office! Good luck with the reat of the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! Starting out at a new job is always tough at first. Just be yourself and do your best and I KNOW you'll be fabulous!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love~
Comments make me smile, thanks for making me smile~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails