"Do You Really Love Me??"

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Window Opens

You know what they say, "When one door closes, another one opens".
I've been feeling BLAH about my freelance job as an english tutor mainly because it's irregular. I knew that when decided to do it and thought, "hmm.. this will just be temporary"... well... i've been doing it for more than 2 years and it's STILL irregular!

For the past few weeks, I've been feeling bummed out about my so-called job and was almost going to declare it as the "lowest of the low points in my life".

A simple text message changed it.

One night, my friend sent me a text message asking if I already found a "normal, regular" job. I simply replied, "nope". She asked me to email her my resume and a writing sample. So I did!

A few days later, I received an email from the company she's working at. It read: "Please come in on Monday, April 5, at 10am for an exam and interview". WOW! I though, "is this it? is this the answer to my prayers and all my complaints about how my so-called freelancing job is boring and stagnant?"

I went in on Monday and took the writing exam (which I finished in 30 minutes!) I was interviewed and my interviewer said, "I'm impressed with the way you write articles! I have to talk to my boss about you and we'll give you a call within the day"

I went home, had lunch, played my nintendo DS (yes, i have one! I'm such a video game dork, really). In the middle of a racing game, my cellphone rang. Darnit! That call just made me crash my car! "hello?", i answered. "Hi this is _______. I read your resume and your article, please come in tomorrow for a follow-up interview"

So I did! I went back tuesday and the boss talked to me and said, "I'm impressed with your writing skills! I want you to work with me with ______ account!" She handed me a contract and I'm due in the office in about 2 weeks from now.

Now.... I haven't signed the contract YET! She gave me a week to ponder and decide about the work load, the job description, the benefits and such. Everything looks good... my only concern is: I'VE NEVER WORKED IN PUBLIC RELATIONS BEFORE.. EVER!! AND I'VE NEVER WRITTEN FOR PUBLIC RELATIONS/PROMOS... EVER!!!

I'm scared, anxious, jittery about all this. Don't get me wrong, I'm psyched about having a "regular, normal" job (plus, my friend works there, too!). I'm just having all these mixed emotions about the job itself. What if I screw up? What if I make mistakes? What if they realize that I'm not such an impressive writer after all??

All these concerns, fear and anxiety circle in my head! I can't even sleep well at night after those two interviews.

Please help? I just need a little push...

I always think that this is a great opportunity.. there's a reason why my freelance job is stagnant and bland these past few weeks... it's because something out there is better.. and it's waiting for me.... now i think, "can i really be brave and jump in a pool full of sharks and tame them?"

2 comments:

  1. i know exactly what you mean about freelancing--it's not easy to find jobs as a freelancer that are fulfilling and interesting, and it ends up feeling a lot like WORK, which sucks. be confident in your talents as a writer, but keep learning and trying to get better. become the authority you know you can be! i really hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds fabulous - GO FOR IT!!! A great job in this economy is such a huge blessing too!

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love~
Comments make me smile, thanks for making me smile~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails