"Do You Really Love Me??"

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

When On A Roller Coaster Ride of Life....

Life has a funny way of toying with us. Do you think that we control our lives? Or our lives control us? I have no idea, actually. What I do know is this: Life can sometimes be bittersweet...

I've been teaching English to Koreans again after my very short stint as a writer.  I always remember the old adage, "When life throws lemons at you, make yourself a lemonade".

How true! This current job of mine is a serious lemon in my life, however, my students--especially the funny and kind ones--make me glasses of lemonade each day.  One of my students cannot pronounce "bored" correctly.  One day, he complained to me.. "Teacher! I'm BOH-RED!" ^_^This 18-year old young man has a playful mind of a 6-year old (same energy, too!)

One of my younger students always tell me make-believe stories during class time. One day, he told me a story about him climbing up Mt. Everest in 2 seconds! Faster than Superman, who did it in 4 seconds, who, by the way, is also his older brother! His younger brother is Iron Man! ^_^ He's a cute, chubby 12-year old who calls me a "witch" or "skeleton" as a joke and I call him a " silly jester" (two of his new vocab words for this week) ^_^

Little things like these can put a smile on my face. As long as the students are pleasant.

In another part of my life.... I've been "seeing" this guy for more than a month now.  He's really nice and we've been friends since we were 13 years old. He was even my prom date when we were 16.  Years passed and we both went separate ways after high school.  After 11 years, we're back to hanging out with each other again--coffee, dinner, ice cream, or simply just talking about the ups and downs of life. The ultimate lemon, which is also the most sour, in my life: He has a girlfriend!

I know we can't have everything we want in life. I try to be a good girl so good things will happen to me. But try as I might, my ideal setting...my ideal world...my ideal life... will just remain that: IDEAL.

So, here's what I will incoherently ramble on: Dreamers dream... Players play... cycle of life! Ups and downs... bittersweet... lemons = a big pitcher of lemonade!

*sigh* as you can see... everything that's happening to me recently has taken a toll on my coherence. So, I'll end this post here, before i ramble you to boredom. ^_^

remember: "When life throws lemons at you, make yourself a lemonade!" YUM! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love~
Comments make me smile, thanks for making me smile~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails