"Do You Really Love Me??"

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Morning

AAaahhhhh.... It's Sunday!! What better way to dispose of your unwanted stuff like old clothes that make you look like Winnie the Pooh when you try to squeeze yourself in it or jeans that are torn not because it's a style but because of wear and tear AND earning a little moolah out of it than having a... GARAGE SALE!!

What a tiring morning it was for us! We held a garage sale and in less than an hour sold out EVERYTHING!!

People are funny when you hold a garage sale. We said a specific time, 9:00 AM on the dot!, and they still went 30 minutes to an hour early!! seriously! here are some of the things I heard while we were selling:

"It's 8:30, can you open now?"
"We're melting under the sun!"
"Are the rugs for sale?" (No, because we just washed them and they're OURS!)

Then, we announced (albeit we already said it on our ad), "We don't have appliances or electronics or furniture for sale." This is what they said after:

"Is the table for sale?
"Is the mosquito zapper for sale?"
"How much for your electric fan?"
"how much for your clothes rack?"

People are so persistent sometimes especially when they see good deals! haha! I had a major headache from all the people coming near my table and asking me to my face, "discount, please!!"

However, the garage sale was a success! It's surprising what people would buy! Truly, "One man's trash is another man's treasure!" Someone even bought my OLD book by R.L. Stine..those Fear Street series!! Anyone remember those series of books??

WHEW!! Now... I'm just gonna relax, sip my coffee, read amazing blogs, listen to Taylor Swift and just enjoy my Sunday

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone~!!

LOTSA LOVE!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh - garage sales are so much work!! And yeah, the things people will say and do - unreal! I'm glad you made some money!! I'll be doing the same when it warms up a bit and might have to have more than one. Moving always means downsizing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been years since I've had a garage sale. All that nickel and diming can really wear you out!
    I'd never make it with all the wheeling and dealing. If the price tag says a quarter, I'm not going to ask you to give it to me for a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. winnie the pooh shirts? hahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love~
Comments make me smile, thanks for making me smile~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails